The European federation of citizens energy cooperatives (REScoop.eu) is currently looking for a Communications Officer to join its team in Brussels or Antwerp (Belgium) and support our Communications Manager with operational communication work.
REScoop.eu is a growing network of 1.500 European citizens energy cooperatives (REScoops) who jointly produce about 1.500 million kWh and represent over 1 million European citizens who are active in the energy transition. As a federation, we follow up on relevant policy issues and represent the voice of renewable energy cooperatives towards European policy makers. We support the start-up of new initiatives and provide services to our members. While our team represents a variety of different nationalities, our working language is English.
The Communications Officer will
- effectively disseminate the outputs generated by the federation and its projects and members (e.g, policy papers, reports, press releases, stories) to targeted audiences.
- manage REScoop.eu’s social media accounts, choosing the appropriate social media channels for each message and target group, follow up on social media statistics and adapt the social media plan accordingly.
- write and publish blogposts on our website, collecting input from the team, as well as REScoop.eu’s projects and partners and publish articles in the back-end of our website.
- edit and send the monthly newsletter, collecting relevant topics from the REScoop.eu team and the federation’s network
- integrate new members to the federation's communication channels (social media, website, community energy map).
- establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- support the Communications Manager with the development and implementation of the federation’s communications strategy.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in operational communications.
- You know how to run an organisation’s communications operations.
- You are familiar with website management systems and (social) media monitoring tools.
- You have experience working with traditional media (print/online/TV).
- You have (at least) a Bachelor’s degree in communications/media relations/public relations or a similar subject area.
- You are an outstanding team player who is ready to work in an international environment.
- You have a strong will for goal achievement and a high efficiency rate.
- You can work independently and proactively, handle responsibilities and respect deadlines.
- You have outstanding communication and English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Experience working with traditional graphic design tools such as Adobe InDesign is a plus
- You are willing to travel within Europe.
- You are interested in renewable and sustainable energy. Understanding of the cooperative business model is a plus.
- You are available for a full-time position (40hrs/week). A flexible working schedule can be discussed.
- A permanent contract in Belgium.
- An opportunity to develop your professional skills and network in an open and dynamic working environment.
- Opportunities to travel around Europe and extend your knowledge and network
- Autonomy to organise your work within the given deadlines, and flexible working conditions.
- Travel expenses will be covered. The same applies to costs related to daily commutes.
- A competitive remuneration package.
Send your application by 10 January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line “Application – Communications Officer – Your Name”.
Your application should include the following items:
- CV in English.
- Comprehensive cover letter in English presenting yourself and explaining your motivation to work with REScoop.eu (1 page max).
- Your suggested action plan for effectively disseminating a community energy handbook towards citizen energy groups in Europe (1 page max).
Interviews will take place in the course of January 2021.
For enquiries regarding this job position, please contact our Communications Manager: email@example.com | +32 493 400 935