REScoop.eu welcomes two new members
REScoop.eu is delighted to welcome two new members to her network. We strongly believe that by growing our network, we make sure the voices of citizens and their communities are better heard in the energy sector. Below you can find an overview of our new members.
Lochem Energie is an energy cooperative from Lochem, Netherlands, with over 900 members and 200 costumers. They aim to accelerate the energy transition by using less energy and producing renewable energy locally. In order to do so, they carry out the following activities:
- Production of electricity with private solar panels, collective solar parks, hydropower plants, and windmills.
- A house insultation programme that doesn’t require investment from the house owner – the renovation is paid back from the savings in the energy bill.
- Electric car sharing through the project Elektrip.
The benefits of these activities are the following:
- They use and produce green energy.
- They become independent from big energy companies.
- They enjoy generating their own energy.
- They produce energy locally, which makes it more efficient because there is not transport loss.
- They create local employment.
- Their profit goes back to Lochem citizens, for example, by supporting the swimming pool or the local football club.
Follow Lochem Energie on social media:
Vianova is a German federation of cooperatives, composed of 20 members, that supports e-car sharing projects with various services. Their offer ranges from a full service package (covering the project planning, the development of business models, and all the processes related to the use of vehicles), to tailor-made offers. Among others, the services include collective purchase of vehicles, ready-made tariff models that have already being tried and tested, a self-developed booking app, costumer support, or the construction of charging stations.
With these activities they aim to help cooperatives overcome the obstacles they may face when they decide to start e-car sharing projects to foster a more sustainable mobility.
Follow Vianova on social media: