The 7 cooperative principles with examples from energy cooperatives
Cooperatives around the world share the same seven principles, which are based on values such as democracy, equality and solidarity.
The 7 cooperative principles are:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Economic participation through direct ownership
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training and information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community
Watch an explanation here! Available with English and Greek subtitles.